Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hello World


I read a blog today, it made me think ... really think.

The blogger said that it was his way of distracting himself from some of the negative stuff going on in his life. He spoke from the heart and wasn't afraid to put it out there. 

Why do people blog?  For him it was therapeutic, I suspect that's what appeals to me.

As an "off the scale introvert" I tend to spend a lot of time in my inner world of thoughts and ideas, reflections, hesitations, dreams and regrets. Journals get messy and there's something about keeping an online journal that just doesn't have the same appeal. Is it that you want someone out there to read what you have to say? Maybe. Is it that deep inside you hope that something you say will resonate with someone else? Maybe. Is it about not not having to deal with your own mortality? God even I don't know what I mean by that.

I've called this blog the imperfect rantings of an introverted perfectionist - that's me and I can't promise you I won't rant and my blogs certainly won't be perfect.

So here I am putting 'me' out to the world ... insight into another introverted persons view on the world ... that very private inner space that very few introverts will ever disclose to you in person ... maybe that's why I have shut down my profile, become anonymous ... it's safe .... maybe I don't really want anyone to know who "I" is? Yes, I know, bad grammar but hey, it made sense at the time.

For those of you that have an understanding of Myers Briggs, I'm an off-the-scale INFP ... and a methodical one at that ... who would have thought! For those of you who don't know anything about Myers Briggs it means I'm an idealist, a perfectionist, someone who will forever be frustrated by their own sense of imperfection, someone who wants to change the world for the better but of course, will have very little chance of ever doing so ... one who is fiercely introverted, private and guards personal privacy and their inner sanctum with their life ... and yet here I am blogging ...

Ah, but who is this introverted perfectionist? Maybe you won't hang around to find out, and hey that's ok. I guess this is my therapy, my reflection .. me out there while still in hiding ... I'm don't really expect this to be of any interest to anyone, but to me, it kinda feels like I'm speaking to someone, an equally hidden being ... about things that I find important, things that mean something to me and things I want to express. My god that seems self indulgent when I put it like that. See ... imperfect !

 So, if anyone really is out there, well it's nice to e-meet you ... thanks for sharing my journey ...

Oh ... and the picture ... is that me?  Oh I wish !  Images have a powerful way of reflecting your current state .. this one stood out today ... so I guess I chose it for a reason .... perhaps theres a bit of me in there after all, or at least the essence of me.  Lost you already?  Well, never really did expect this blog to be perfect - did you?

No comments:

Post a Comment